Auteur Sujet: What's the best way for making MP OOB s ?.  (Lu 3426 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
What's the best way for making MP OOB s ?.
« le: 25 février 2010, 22:09:18 pm »
I'm a little confused, what is the best way to arrange an OOB for a MP game if you want to use a new one never used before ?.

I'm thinking this is the way to do it, but I could well be wrong :

I build a random 150 CEH OOB and I get one for both sides, I name that (say g24CEH150) and ask the other person to do the same their end, build their OOB (random or not) and name it, so when the host sets up the game he can select the two "named" OOBs for us to use.

I'm not at all worried that someone can look at my OOB, I don't care if it's seen by them or not, I'm confident that a 150 CEH for each side is fair, BUT, is there a simple and easy way to "see" that both are in fact 150 CEHs and that they have not made a mistake and made it say a 180 one in error ?.

If FOW is on there will be no way of knowing how many troops (CEH) they started with.  In Conscript mode we can both see the overall troop numbers and that gives a pretty good guide to the CEH, but with FOW that will not be possible.

I'm sure when the patch is out and we get a bit more "serious" we will all want to build our own OOBs for many different CEH's.....I will start with randon ones and add and take out units/corps as I make it fit my preference.....this is going to be a big part of MP gaming.

Have I unerstood this correctly ?.

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
Re : What's the best way for making MP OOB s ?.
« Réponse #1 le: 27 février 2010, 09:48:01 am »
When making Oob via the Oob Editor, you will have one Army for French side and one for Coalition side.

For MP or Pbem i suggest you and your opponent to:

1st Choose which side you will take (France or Coalition)
2nd Choose the Year and CEH (150 i believe is fair)
3rd You make an oob taking attention and purchasing the France side, and for coalition side in Your Oob just make some units (this is not important). Name your Oob like Gunner Vs Opponent.oob
4th Your opponent will do the same BUT for the coalition side he will name it Opponent Vs Gunner.oob
5th exchange those Oobs
6th The Player that set up the battle will choose in creating battle the Gunner Vs Opponent for France and Opponent Vs Gunner for Coalition

Start battle
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 27 février 2010, 14:41:48 pm »
Thanks for the clear instructions but I have two questions :

1. As the MP game runs from the hosts pc why do the OOBs have to be exchanged ?.  Is this for PBEM ?.
For MP : If the host makes his OOB and the joining player creates his it should only need to be sent  to the game host, is that right ?.

2. How do we know one or the other has used the correct CEH for making thier OOB ?.

Many thanks.

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
Re : Re : What's the best way for making MP OOB s ?.
« Réponse #3 le: 28 février 2010, 10:43:18 am »
Thanks for the clear instructions but I have two questions :

1. As the MP game runs from the hosts pc why do the OOBs have to be exchanged ?.  Is this for PBEM ?.
For MP : If the host makes his OOB and the joining player creates his it should only need to be sent  to the game host, is that right ?.

2. How do we know one or the other has used the correct CEH for making thier OOB ?.

Many thanks.
1. when playing direct MP only the host needs the OoB. As a participant you don't need the OoB's of the other players.
You can play maps and OoB that only exist on the host PC. Your mappack could be played by all if all hosts have it.

2. You  don't. You can look at the summary screen (F7) but it doesn't give very precise info. I think you have to trust your opponent. You can always check with the OoB editor later if you exchange files (perhaps a good conduct to exchange them anyway, even if not needed). In really competitive games like tourneys, you could have a gamemaster who gets the passwords for the OoB's and can check them before the game starts.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 28 février 2010, 15:51:49 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation Ras - what about PBEM ?....do these OOBs HAVE to be exchanged before starting, I assume so.