Auteur Sujet: Random OOB for a single nation - is it possible ?.  (Lu 3714 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Random OOB for a single nation - is it possible ?.
« le: 11 février 2010, 23:28:43 pm »
I have checked the manual and the OOB editor and as far as I can tell random OOBs can not be made, for example France v Russian.....or France v Austria etc etc.....is that right ?...or have I missed something important ?.

I don't have the time for lenghtly work on historically correct OOBs, but I would like to be able to make some random ones when all the forces are from the same nation - any way to do that, now or in the future ?.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Random OOB for a single nation - is it possible ?.
« Réponse #1 le: 12 février 2010, 01:11:45 am »
all the forces are from the same nation

Why?

As far as I know, there's no way to do that now, and given the amount of work to do already it's not likely that it's planned any time soon.

For multiplayer, you may actually prefer a mixed nationality force.  If there is more than one player on a side, each player can take the forces of a single nationality, and have a separate doctrine from the rest of the force.  If two players on one side are both French, for example, there is still only one French doctrine.

Hook

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #2 le: 12 février 2010, 08:37:22 am »
I don't think it's that difficult to do.
I just invested 5 min in the Editor and created two random 1809 battles with 100 CEH, One was French vs Austria the other vs Russia. There were no other nationalities. Just try the random function a few times until you get it.
Tip: select hierarchy and hover over the units to quickly read their nationality.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 12 février 2010, 08:45:36 am »
I don't think it's that difficult to do.
I just invested 5 min in the Editor and created two random 1809 battles with 100 CEH, One was French vs Austria the other vs Russia. There were no other nationalities. Just try the random function a few times until you get it.
Tip: select hierarchy and hover over the units to quickly read their nationality.

Thanks Ras, sounds like a good workaround. 

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 12 février 2010, 11:58:31 am »
Ha, why did I not think of that, so easy, thanks for the advice.

So if I understand this right, if I make a random OOB for say a 200CEH it will be either ALL Frenech v ALL Russian or Austrian.

I must admit to not knowing this, I assumed random would generate France and allies v the Coalition - a mixed army on both sides.

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
Re : Re : Random OOB for a single nation - is it possible ?.
« Réponse #5 le: 12 février 2010, 12:07:17 pm »
So if I understand this right, if I make a random OOB for say a 200CEH it will be either ALL Frenech v ALL Russian or Austrian.
No, I'm just saying create one and check it out. It might just be what you want. If not try another.
There's no easy way to get one nationality only.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #6 le: 12 février 2010, 17:38:52 pm »
There's no easy way to get one nationality only.
OK, I understand now, I'm worrying about something that does not matter too much anyway....it will only be a problem IF someone wants an Austrian Army that is all Austrian - in that case it might need to built without the random OOB, unless you get a bit lucky.

Anyway - not an important issue.

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #7 le: 14 février 2010, 10:15:50 am »
It depends mainly on the year of the Oob, i tried may oobs in the 1814 and i had really often France Vs Russia or France Vs Austria
Histwar beta tester