Auteur Sujet: Problem: Aggression and initiative of units  (Lu 2845 fois)

Hors ligne orendel

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • Follow me on twitter
Problem: Aggression and initiative of units
« le: 03 février 2010, 09:06:08 am »
When playing  around with the OOB editor I noticed the following behaviour. I don't know if it's a bug:

- When adding regiments to a corps without attaching them to a division or brigade commander (so the regiments are under direct command of corps commander), these units always have set their aggression/initiative to "low".
- When you attach the same units to a division or brigade they get other values, maybe taken from the database (?)
- Some units don't have a historical commander name entry (e.g. Austrian Grenzinfanterie) and you have to chose a colonel from a list. When doing so, these units also get other values than "low" even if not attached to division or brigade.

Is this intended or does it need to be fixed in a patch?
« Modifié: 03 février 2010, 09:12:14 am par orendel »
Orendels OoB depot - Historical OoBs for all Napoleonic battles:
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4062.msg53425.html#msg53425

Hors ligne Cantonese

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Major
Re : Problem: Aggression and initiative of units
« Réponse #1 le: 03 février 2010, 18:47:00 pm »
Hi Orendel,

When playing  around with the OOB editor I noticed the following behaviour. I don't know if it's a bug:

- When adding regiments to a corps without attaching them to a division or brigade commander (so the regiments are under direct command of corps commander), these units always have set their aggression/initiative to "low".
- When you attach the same units to a division or brigade they get other values, maybe taken from the database (?)

It's not always set to "low" but if you wish to change it, just click on the "Agressive" and "Initiative" links until your desired setting appears

- Some units don't have a historical commander name entry (e.g. Austrian Grenzinfanterie) and you have to chose a colonel from a list. When doing so, these units also get other values than "low" even if not attached to division or brigade.

Is this intended or does it need to be fixed in a patch?

Same as above

Hors ligne orendel

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • Follow me on twitter
Re : Problem: Aggression and initiative of units
« Réponse #2 le: 03 février 2010, 19:57:37 pm »
All right, I just thought that these aggressivity/initiative levels depend on historical performances of the units and are coded in the database.

Meanwhile I figured out that always the first regiment of a new division/brigade gets the values depending on the chosen division/brigade commander. All other regiments attached to the same division/brigade get the low/low value by default. Of course we are free to change this.
« Modifié: 03 février 2010, 19:59:24 pm par orendel »
Orendels OoB depot - Historical OoBs for all Napoleonic battles:
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4062.msg53425.html#msg53425

Hors ligne Cantonese

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Major
Re : Re : Problem: Aggression and initiative of units
« Réponse #3 le: 03 février 2010, 20:25:25 pm »
All right, I just thought that these aggressivity/initiative levels depend on historical performances of the units and are coded in the database.

You'r right. These values are coded in the database
The idea is that people shall always argue about the leaders of their nation being better. Therefore, no judgement was made by the designers and players can change their values as they wish.

Meanwhile I figured out that always the first regiment of a new division/brigade gets the values depending on the chosen division/brigade commander. All other regiments attached to the same division/brigade get the low/low value by default. Of course we are free to change this.

If you first create a corps with a proper structure (i.e. Division /Brigade) and then attach a unit directly to the corps commander, you shouldn't experience the "low/low" issue.