Auteur Sujet: Making up differant Doctrines for various battles  (Lu 15608 fois)

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Making up differant Doctrines for various battles
« Réponse #15 le: 04 février 2010, 10:49:32 am »
Where can I check the doctrines are modified as I wish?

I thought it was in ...\HistWar\doctrine.
But there I see I have 4 doctrines for France (one I created) and the 4 text files are the same although I had modified the first priority for artillery to infantry and second priority to Cavalry. But the text files don't reflect those modifications.

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
Re : Re : Making up differant Doctrines for various battles
« Réponse #16 le: 04 février 2010, 10:58:31 am »
Where can I check the doctrines are modified as I wish?

I thought it was in ...\HistWar\doctrine.
But there I see I have 4 doctrines for France (one I created) and the 4 text files are the same although I had modified the first priority for artillery to infantry and second priority to Cavalry. But the text files don't reflect those modifications.
When you are in the Doctrine intro screen you will see a list under the link "Choose the current Doctrines" click on that, you will see the list of doctrine for that particular Country, you will get a window saying "Choose the doctrine" and any doctines that you created previously, you the select it and it will be the new default Doctrine for your country selection
I hope I have answered your question
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Re : Making up differant Doctrines for various battles
« Réponse #17 le: 04 février 2010, 11:11:03 am »
When you are in the Doctrine intro screen you will see a list under the link "Choose the current Doctrines" click on that, you will see the list of doctrine for that particular Country, you will get a window saying "Choose the doctrine" and any doctines that you created previously, you the select it and it will be the new default Doctrine for your country selection
I hope I have answered your question

Thank you for answering.
But I am afraid that once more I explain wrongly (quite possible from a french speaker not gifted (amongst other things) for foreign languages.
I try again: I wish to be sure that the doctrine(s) I have modified are modified.
Therefore I wish to be informed, please, where I can open a file in order to verify the modifications are really taken in account.
Excuse the numerous underlined words. It is a try to compensate a little my english deficiency knowledge.

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
« Réponse #18 le: 04 février 2010, 11:49:48 am »
well as long as you save your new doctrine correctly, but I suggest that you make a screensave of your doctrine choices on everypage, then save it, then go to your newly defaulted doctrine and compare, thats what I have done.
« Modifié: 04 février 2010, 11:55:30 am par gazfun »
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #19 le: 11 février 2010, 10:00:16 am »
I learned that there is no way to put password for your doctrine before sending to your opponent, will that change with the next update or is there any other way to prevent your enemy see it ?

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
« Réponse #20 le: 11 février 2010, 10:17:57 am »
I learned that there is no way to put password for your doctrine before sending to your opponent, will that change with the next update or is there any other way to prevent your enemy see it ?
Theres nothing to see when he puts in his doctrine folder, except a few words that doesnt make it legable to understand, have you actually looked at the file?  If you do its has little bearing on the information thats in the doctrine document that you made.
Write your own History!

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #21 le: 11 février 2010, 10:21:35 am »
Theres nothing to see when he puts in his doctrine folder, except a few words that doesnt make it legable to understand, have you actually looked at the file?  If you do its has little bearing on the information thats in the doctrine document that you made.

But you can load the file in the doctrine editor and read its content there.
So, if the host wants to know the doctrine of his enemy he has the means to learn it.

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #22 le: 11 février 2010, 10:23:23 am »
Now I restart what I initiated in an other thread ( http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,3773.msg53372.html#new ).

I make it short, in view to be clear.

I have modified some doctrines for French, Russian, Austrian, ...

When I host a MP, after some chats I may consider for sure, the other player is compelled to use my doctrine de facto.

Each player (even if not hosting) should use his own doctrine, evidently.

This is unfair at a point I think it is a bug.

Cheers,
GP.

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
« Réponse #23 le: 11 février 2010, 10:27:44 am »
You send the doctrine just before the battle starts.  that is in a TC/IP Game as he wont have the time to look at it.

A PBEM game runs on the doctrine you have selected on your machine at the time.

I agree that there is the matter however that other can see it in time, and I would say that will be looked at very soon, with a built in password system like the OOB editor.
adding comment:
Im still not sure if it will be seen, by the other players I will look it up again, and do some checking for you and get back to you
« Modifié: 11 février 2010, 10:36:45 am par gazfun »
Write your own History!

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #24 le: 11 février 2010, 10:32:36 am »

i meant not looking in the text file by double clicking but doing this makes your enemy doctine observed:

put his doctrine file in your comp. doctrine file with correct format 00blabla.txt if France for example...
open doctrine editor...
under create a doctrine topic find his faction and enter...
choose the file name he sent to u ...
hit "creation"...after observing it...quit

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #25 le: 11 février 2010, 10:37:42 am »
You send the doctrine just before the battle starts.  that is in a TC/IP Game as he wont have the time to look at it.

A PBEM game runs on the doctrine you have selected on your machine at the time.

When you say "You" I presume you mean the software.

I agree that there is the matter however that other can see it in time, and I would say that will be looked at very soon, with a built in password system like the OOB editor.

I disagree. The main problem is not the opponent could see or not in my doctrine. The main problem is: the host imposes his own doctrine to his opponent.

Am I clear this time? :-)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #26 le: 11 février 2010, 10:40:37 am »
choose the file name he sent to u ...
hit "creation"...after observing it...quit

How helpful is this in actual practice?  Even if you printed out screenshots his entire doctrine for reference during the game, how much actual advantage does this give you?

JMM will probably password protect the doctrines at some point, so it shouldn't be a problem.

And if your opponent is going to cheat, then he can always make up a really nasty doctrine file for your side and use that.  This could probably be solved by sending the doctrine files through the game instead.

Hook
« Modifié: 11 février 2010, 10:42:59 am par Hook »

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #27 le: 11 février 2010, 10:41:43 am »
The main problem is not the opponent could see or not in my doctrine. The main problem is: the host imposes his own doctrine to his opponent.

This is not true.  You send your doctrine to your opponent and that's what your side uses in the game.

Hook

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #28 le: 11 février 2010, 11:12:29 am »
How helpful is this in actual practice?  Even if you printed out screenshots his entire doctrine for reference during the game, how much actual advantage does this give you?

JMM will probably password protect the doctrines at some point, so it shouldn't be a problem.

As I just said before, this is not the main problem, in my point of view.

And if your opponent is going to cheat, then he can always make up a really nasty doctrine file for your side and use that.

I didn't thought about cheaters but you are right this is an open door.

I thought about the unfair aspect.

For example I modified the guns priority to:
- primary target: Infantry;
- second target to Cavalry.
This may not suit the intentions of the non-hosting player, although, actually it is imposed to him.

This could probably be solved by sending the doctrine files through the game instead. Hook

If the doctrine send from the non-hosting stays in RAM, else that could create a mess in the folder.

I summarize in  lapidary style.
From my point of view: the host have use his doctrine and the joining player have to use his own doctrine. Simple as that! :-)
In other words each player have to use his doctrine.

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Re : Re : Making up differant Doctrines for various battles
« Réponse #29 le: 11 février 2010, 11:26:54 am »
This is not true.  You send your doctrine to your opponent and that's what your side uses in the game. Hook

I suspect a bit you are poking fun at me ;-)

If you are sure of that, why not have you written that from the beginning? The contrary was also emitted.

Also this is contradictory with the manual, if I remember correctly.
Difficult to read the manuals on screen with eyes as old as mine. A print will suck out all my yellow ink because the background is yellow.

GP.