Auteur Sujet: GUI : Book, tracing paper and other features  (Lu 5095 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
GUI : Book, tracing paper and other features
« le: 12 juin 2005, 02:49:01 am »
Hello Everybody...

Some new screenshots:
a) the tracing papers: graphic tool to draw the tactical plan before sending it to IA.. or to its partners in MP.  It also allows to display the distances.
b) the book to get all informations and status about the game and the units...   You can see  the orders and the messages, the organization of the Corps, and for example it's possible to define the shooting distance forthe infantrymen...  

Sending an order from the Book..  Left Click on the name of the Corps The definition of the deployment line can be done on the 3 views (2D, 3D Perspective, 3D
symbolic)

Right Click on a unit for its initial position
Right Click + CTRL on a Corps (Flag) to drag/drop all units
Identification of the units of a Corps by flying over of a Flag

Identification of attached units to the same Division or Brigade

Sorry for the french text...

JMM

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
« Réponse #1 le: 12 juin 2005, 12:24:10 pm »
Bonjour,

This looks like a very power full tool to plot your strategy before the battle, but I want to point out (correct me if I'm wrong JMM) that you have the option to just drag and drop units without detailed orders just like any other games.

To give those detailed orders can look over whelming for someone who are used to and prefer to be a "pawn pusher".

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 12 juin 2005, 12:44:37 pm »
Bonjour Lars,

It's possible to send orders to each unit.. without using any Great Tactical Order.
In this case, you have to manage your units, but all micro-management (ie : square when there is a threaten from CAV) is controled by the AI.

I think there is no problem to play like that if you have a small army (under 15 or 20 units).. For 30+, no sure it's possible...

However, in PBEM mode, perhaps each gamer will be happy to control each units...
This mode likes CM one  :lol:
JMM